LA MONTAGNETTA

DOMENICO CAPELLO – Roatto (Asti) Italy

“Bugianen”

AN IMPORTANT HISTORICAL REFERENCE FOR AN IMPORTANT WINE

Bugianen in the local dialect means “Without You”, a popular nickname referring to the Piedmontese and their stubborn temperament, capable of facing harsh difficulties with determination and firmness. The term seems to have originated from the endeavors of the soldiers of the house of Savoy involved in the battle of Assietta, a significant episode in the Austrian War of Succession which occurred July 19, 1747.
“Bugianen”, is the name of our Superior Freisa d’Asti, an elegant and fragrant wine that goes well with boiled meats, roasts, game and mature cheeses …
Best served at a temperature of 20, 22 ° C

Domenico Capello, firma

Domenico Capello

Freisa d'Asti Superiore - Domenico Capello

Freisa d'Asti Superiore - Domenico Capello, BugianenVino: Freisa d’Asti Superiore
Denominazione d’Origine Controllata

Grape Variety: 100% Freisa.

Vineyards: Commune of San Paolo Solbrito, Ronchi hill.

Harvest: by hand, at the end of September.

Vinification: 80% of the grape harvest is destemmed and crushed, then fermented with maceration on the skins for around 7 days at a temperature of 26°C. The remaining 20% of the grapes is dried in a ventilated room, and is added towards the end of fermentation. The wine is racked several times, then malolactic fermentation begins after which the wine is aged partially in stainless steel tanks and partially in barriques and tonneaux. Bottled in the autumn of the following year.

Tasting Notes:
Colour: ruby red with garnet highlights.
Nose: intense, ethereal with hints of stewed fruit.
Palate: intense and full-bodied, with a bitterish finish.

Serving suggestions:
first dishes with meat, boiled meat, roasts, medium seasoned cheeses.

Serve at 18°C

logo La Montagnetta, Domenico Capello
La Montagnetta reserves the right to alter the characteristics of the wines described with means and methods intended to improve the product, without prior notice.